G4 iBook fan only coming on.

sinclair_tm

wow, 1.4g is way faster!
I have a G4 iBook, 1Ghz, 1.25gig RAM with Airport. I normally just sleep the thing, and when I went to wake it, I got the login window, then I started trying in my password. Half way through it seemed to lock up. I had to yank the battery to turn it off. I put the battery back in and try to turn it on, and the only thing that happens is that the fan comes on full speed. No back light, the CD drive doesn't do it's thing, the hard drive does not spin, and the front light does not come on. Next I again pull the battery and then try a PRAM reset. Hold down the 4 keys and turn it on. I wait until it bongs three times and let go. It just sits there, no lights just the hard drive spinning. Again yank battery. Then I try it without the Airport card, then without the extra RAM, same thing. So I get the power supply out and plug it in with the battery out. And do the PMU reset. then turn it on, and it works. I turn it off to re add the Airport and RAM. Put the battery in and now just the fan comes on again. So I reset the PMU again. Still only the fan comes on. I need this thing for school. Any ideas?

Back