G5 and SimCity 4

I currently own a Dual 2 GHZ PowerPC G5 with 512 MB DDR SDRAM running OS X version 10.3.2. I would think this computer is supposed to be fast, but it really doesn't seem to be cranking as i thought it should. It is still slow in some areas. Especially with Simcity 4. For some reason SimCity 4 takes my processor(s) to the max, causing the computer to some time stall (just be really reallly slow) or even worse, cause the application to force quit on me. Could this be the graphics card?
I was contemplating reinstalling the system software, but i'm not sure if that would help. I turned off the journaling, which helped a little, but not much. I don't know what else to do. Is there an application out there that will test my processor speed to see if my computer is really cranking out the MHz it claims to?

I think SimCity 4 is a poorly programmed game and not a good indication of your computer's potential power. If you were willing and able to pony up for a dual G5, surely you had a really good reason for getting it. What would this reason be? Does it fulfill your needs (sorry, but gaming is definitely not a need, though it can be an addiction ;)) sufficiently? If not, you may want to consider putting yourself in stasis until there are computers that link directly into our brains. ;) But seriously, a dual G5 should be able to handle anything you can throw at it, unless you're throwing something so twisted and mangled (read: poorly programmed/optimized) that it's not even worth throwing.

Back