g5 freeze! Help! after some minutes without doing anything

new_roti

Registered
hi

my g5 is brandnew and also the system 10.3.2 (i had a g4 with 10.2.8 before).
now my g5 freeze / hangs up after some minutes.
first i thought it can be the screensver or energy control but these things do not cause the system failure.

when it freeze there comes a black box with white text: it sais : please press start button to restart... nothing more.

is it networkproblem??? or what
i have no solution for that and its very anoying to shut down the machine if i have to go the toilett.

please help!

Please restart your mac in a lot of languages?? It's a kernel panic.

How often does it happen? Have you installed anything new, harware, software, RAM..? when did it start to happen?

it happen till last week. i have the g5 since 3 weeks , i have installed everything and everthing was ok. hardware is the same as from apple ...nothing changed.

i use it in german! there are no more languages! i need morre?? but i havent changed anything since too weeks. so the problem i have since 6 days.

i think its an energy problem if i select "sleeping Hardisc" system hangs if it goes sleeping
will reinstall!

you need 'more languages'? that sounded rather funny. ;-) but on topic: yep - try a complete reinstall. don't install any third party hacks or stuff - just the basics. then try to work on it for a few hours/days until you finalise the installation. if the problem crops up after that initial phase, it's probably something you're installing that interferes with the setup... if it already happens when you've clean installed the thing, then it's definitely hardware-related.

What a coincidence - my wife's G4 iMac has suffered the same problem repeatedly these past couple weeks. I just looked in the Apple Knowledge Base at article 106227 (I searched on "OS X restart message"). They suggest looking at the "panic.log" file in the /Library/Logs/ directory. Article 106228 tells how to log a kernel panic with Apple.

Good luck - I know I have my work cut out for me tonight.

cant read anthing out there. only something with the usb hub (com.apple.driver.AppleUSBHub)
i never had problems before.

i thought trhe reason was "sleeping harddisc" in the energy control panel.
now everything is working fine... but who knows!

Back