G5 Question

MnM

Registered
I need bluetooth built into my powermac G5 because of the range it offers compared to a external one. I am curious though if apple stores sell G5s with built in bluetooth or must I order it from the apple site inorder to get it with bluetooth built in. anyone with any information upon this topic please help me out. thank you :p

The red, it filters through...

Oh, sorry. You can probably call up your local Apple Store and ask them about getting a G5 with BT built-in. You can also get an antenna for your BT module to extend the range significantly, no matter what scenario you end up with.

www.apple.com/retail is the official Apple Store site, from which you can click on any location. I'm assuming you're in NYC, so you'd go to the SoHo store, http://www.apple.com/retail/soho/. You can custom order a G5 online, then pick it up there.

If I remember correctly, you have to order the Bluetooth module when you order your G5, since the module is now on the motherboard, and can't be added later on. Airport Extreme can be added later on, as it's a card that gets plugged into a slot. The G5 comes with antennas for both Bluetooth and Airport Extreme that plug into the back. It seems that the all-metal case does a great job of shielding RF! Good luck with your G5.

Regards,
Marc

Thanks alot man, both of you, thanks for all your help. I really needed this and got the help I needed. good old mac users, always there to help. Thanks once again! :D

Back