G5's in apple store aug 18th !

from http://www.macrumors.com

The New York Times reports that the PowerMac G5s are due to arrive in stores on Monday (August 18th). This expectation is confirmed by numerous word-of-mouth reports that also claim the G5s will make their public appearance this week.

Reportedly, Apple already has 100,000 pre-orders for the PowerMac G5. Users have been waiting the the shipment of the new machines, after Apple introduced them in late June at the World Wide Developer's Conference.

Adobe will also be releasing their Photoshop Plug-in for the PowerMac G5 on Tuesday, which improves Photoshop performance "75 to 200 percent".

Update: Our own reports indicate that PowerMacs were shipped out to stores on Saturday and are expected at most stores by mid-week. Stores will have limited supplies.

I'll be going to the apple store at valley fair first thing that morning .... crossing fingers.

When I asked the store manager at the local store where I bought my G4 yesterday, he told me "I hope soon! Steve Jobs said they'd be out by the end of the month, but we haven't seen them yet". He didn't seem to be holding something back, but perhaps he's just a good liar =)

I guess we'll see!

Out of curiosity, did the G5 store USE to indicate anywhere that there is a delay shipping the G5s, and that they weren't out yet?

At least since I checked 3 days ago, I haven't been able to find anywhere that indicates that there is a backlog. I got all the way to the "your credit card number is...select your shipping method" screen and never saw a message giving me any clue that my order MIGHT NOT ship the next day.

I'm curious because even if the G5s are "in stores" later today, I'm assuming that Apple doesn't have 100,003 G5s ready to ship, so I'd have to wait in line...

Ah Apple! Why did you do this? The first second i saw the new apple-home page, i thought that the G5 Cube was out! :D (would be a goooood thing btw)

Originally posted by senne
why do you buy a G4 now?

Because I don't have $1999 to spend on a bottom-end G5. I think the $1250 I spent was well-priced, and is more than adequate for my needs at home. I'm also hoping that I'll be getting a Dual 2.0 G5 at work in the fairly near future.

Anyone have a chance to get to an Apple Store yet, to confirm if the machines are there? Or on display?

i almost dont want to see one in person since i will start to dream about it and scheme of ways to get one ::angel::

yeah, thats my existing order... I dont understand though.. in the apple news it says that the dual 2ghz will ship at the end of august.

I have called all of the local stores near me and all have said they will be ariving sometime this week. I would guess tuesday or wednesday.

Originally posted by snuflupukis
I have called all of the local stores near me and all have said they will be ariving sometime this week. I would guess tuesday or wednesday.

Same thing in Boston. "Next couple of days" at each store, so sounds like Tues, Weds, or Thursday.

I will also be going to the Valley Fair store. I was the first in line at the Valley Fair store to see the announcement of the G5 and Panther. I can't wait to get hold of a G5, but I want to wait for the next revision. When do you think the next revision will be?

The G5d are in the stores tomorrow.

Today there are HUGE cardboard G5s in the windows so they sure catch the attention. Tomorrow the demos will be out there (here), guarded by security guys, hopefully triable with running 20 heavy apps on the same time, and friday the G5s are also out to buy.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Back