Game Crashing Issues

Shaft5150

Registered
Hey folks... I'm posting this here cuz its not a problem that is specific to any certain game... For about 90% of the games I've tried to play under OSX, they usually end up in a system lock that I cant even force quit out of. Sometimes the sound effect loops in the background and thats it, have to hit the ol' reset button. I'm assuming this is a hardware issue. Here's what I'm running:
OS 10.2.6
G4/400 - AGP
Stock Rage 128 - 16mb
706mb Ram
etc....

Now I know the video card is crap, but those games compatible with OS9 work fine if I boot into that OS. I'm going to buy a new vid card in the next week or two, but is it the video card at fault or something in the OS? Has anyone else seen this type of problem? Help!

Thanks!

Shaft5150

Originally posted by Shaft5150
Hey folks... I'm posting this here cuz its not a problem that is specific to any certain game... For about 90% of the games I've tried to play under OSX, they usually end up in a system lock that I cant even force quit out of. Sometimes the sound effect loops in the background and thats it, have to hit the ol' reset button. I'm assuming this is a hardware issue. Here's what I'm running:
OS 10.2.6
G4/400 - AGP
Stock Rage 128 - 16mb
706mb Ram
etc....

Now I know the video card is crap, but those games compatible with OS9 work fine if I boot into that OS. I'm going to buy a new vid card in the next week or two, but is it the video card at fault or something in the OS? Has anyone else seen this type of problem? Help!

Thanks!

Shaft5150

VERY strange... My guess is that your RAM or RAGE has problems... Can you try your RAM or RAGE to another Mac? For good or ill, run some disk tests & repairs, repair permissions, prebind the system AND reinstall Mac OS X 10.2.6 Combo Update... Oh, and get your new RAGE drivers from here:
http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html

Let us know what gives! But if your problem insists even after all the above take your Mac to your nearest Authorised Apple Store... :(

I have a same problem here with games running OSX. I updated graphic card and after that it started... Old one worked fine with 9.2.2. It's very annoying problem becouse I can play only about 5 minutes at the time and then system crashes...

With my Pb/867ti games works great, but it's much better to play with bigger screen..

I'm running now system 10.2.6 at G4 500/dual processor
Ati 8500/64 Mb
1G Ram
sony trinitron 21 widescreen

-m®-

Back