Game port - looking for coder(s)

karx11erx

Registered
Hi,

I am maintaining a project around an old 3D game named Descent and have created a WinXP specific version containing a lot of bug fixes and new features.

Take a look here to learn more.

A Mac port for this game exists, but is based on an older code version, lacking a lot of features of my version. The Mac version still has several hundred and maybe even over a thousand users, judging by the download count of the latest version.

As I neither own a Mac, nor know how to program on it, I am looking for someone who'd be willing to take a look into the source code and port it to Mac OS X. I'd gladly help where ever needed. My software branch contains a lot of Mac specific code already, so this is more about getting it all to work again.

Regards

karx11erx

BigBadBonobo

Registered
Ah Descent, does that bring back some memories. Spent many a (class) day on marathon sessions of power-up's and flying into walls. Talk about a kick-ass game that lots of people didnt know about. I cant say I know too much about game development, but it sounds like your trying to do a port of existing source code. Ports I can help with - whats the primary platform your using for the Mac?