Game Ranger!!!

Trip

Registered
If you don't have this, then I strongly suggest you go download it! It's a great way to find enemies/allies online to play games against! :)

Join up!

You won't see me there, since I've been banned since last October. :(

Originally posted by Jadey
Heh heh, whatdidyado Trip? I agree.. gameranger is excellent.

I didn't do anything. My user name was blink.vip and I got banned for no reason what-so-ever.
I just got banned because Scott Kevill is a dork with no brain.
But no matter...I'll be back when they release for OS X. :evilgrin:

Gameranger for osX was announced ages ago by the maker :( and by ages I mean something like 4 or 5 months. That page has said 'watch this space for screenshots soon' since day 1. If this is how long it takes to get @#$%ing screenshots of the fabled gameranger for 'x', I dread to see how long it will take him to release a flippen binary :D . Gameranger is a nice program, don't get me wrong, but its pretty bloated and rules heavy. I log on and hit the servers tab immediately 99% of the time, its not a great environment for any decent chat thats for sure.

Heres hoping this long delayed never before seen X re-write, re-ignites some enthusiasm for me (and others).

you call that a screenshot? that's stupid. last time i went on gamescouter, there were messages popping up everywhere, the chat was scrolling by so fast that there was no chance to read any of it (i guess they don't ban scrollers). it was absolute trash. sure, i don't like going on gameranger because there's too many "rules." the reason that rules is quoted is because the rules only apply to you if you're not one of the popular gameranger people. which is sad if you are, but it's annoying when you can get banned just because one of the popular guys says that you're a software pirate even when you hadn't said anything. maybe if gamescouter had the rules of gameranger but they were more fairly implemented, it would be a good program. but for me, i prefer in-game browsers.

Originally posted by GrandpaMurder
but for me, i prefer in-game browsers.

The quake3 in game browser chews though. Silicon Ice did a great job with it though for urban terror, so I can only blame poor support from ID in regards to in game server browsers. The default multiplayer server list page is too damn slow, taking around 30 minutes to poll all the servers. Just my luck the low ping ones near me are always the last to be polled :rolleyes:

The thing I hate most about gameranger is it wont work in classic. You can fire it up and get a server list, but the program refuses to let you specify you want to run the osX quake3.app. On top of this, the server information panel refuses to tell you the IP address of the server, so you can't just copy/paste to the q3 osX console :(

Until then I just play on the local servers who's IP I know by heart.

Back