game sprockets

lethe

Registered
i got this response from tech support at gravis:

OS X does not have input or gaming sprokets. Do to this fact no game pad or joystick will run correctly under this OS.

This is a known fact, and many people are aiming to fix this. You can try out Gamepad Companion, USB Overdrive (someday, not yet), and tons of other programs out there aimed to give you gamepad compatibility in OS X.

i guess i don t really understand what makes a gamepad any different from just being a modified keyboard. its just buttons right? what exactly is a game sprocket, anyway...

GameSprockets were a set of drivers developed by Apple when they started their push for games again. InputSprocket was part of this package of them, and that is an easy interface to gamepads and joysticks. Of all the sprockets, only DrawSprocket, which is used for switching resolution and faster drawing, has made it to OS X.

So even though a gamepad is still really only a modified keyboard, it still needs drivers to say which keys to press :)

well i bought a gamepad. a logitech wingman. i m using that carvware software, called gamepad companion, and its not really usable. doesn t work too well.

i wonder if i should return it. maybe i can find a windows computer to use it on...

weep

Back