Games Are Crashing

artmonster4617

Registered
I have an 20" imac G5. Video Games have just rescently begun crahing my computer, even though gameplay had operated normally for several months. A game will Freeze after a couple of minutes of gameplay. After being frozen for a minute, a grey box, that tells me I need to restart my computer, comes up. The computer starts up fine, and all other programs, and the internet run without problems. I ran a hardware check, and there were no errors. What's going on?

Thanks,

Mitch

How much RAM are you running on? what games are you trying to play? Have you recently downloaded any addons/ patches for these games? etc etc

Usually i kernel panic occurs when there is hardware failure (if you have installed anything recently {RAM, Ariport Card, etc.} make sure it is in it's slot snugly) another thing i would suggest is unplug any firewire/usb devices and see if that makes a difference.

if that isn't it, check for software updates

and finally if THAT isn't it, take it to an apple store to get it looked at

Thanks for the responses, guys. here is some more info:
512 MB DDR SDRAM
I am trying to run Star Wars Battlefront, and Knights of the Old Republic.
Battlefront crashes within a minute, and KOTOR crashes within about 10 minutes.
I downloaded a BATTLEFRONT patch rescently, but I ran the game perfectly for a couple of weeks with the patch.
I haven't installed any hardware lately.
All software is up to date.
I will give the unplugging USB/Firewires a shot and see what happens.

Thanks.

anyone else have any other suggestions?

Have you tried running the games on a fresh newly created user account? Maybe something is broke with your account. Had that problem in the past

Back