Games

I don't play a lot .. but like Deimos Rising :p
..Quake obviously...
and apart from those i have only pop-pop and Xgates ;)

Soldier of Fortune II and Medal of Honor are great First Person shooters. I have only played them on a Windows platform but they are both available for Mac OSX. They do require a min 32mb video card (I think), but in my opinon are the best games available for Mac. The best game out right now (again only my opinion) is Battlefield 1942. This games raises the bar for first person shooters by giving the player the ability to operate vehicles (Jeeps, Tanks, Planes, Battleships, you name it!) in an all out WWII Battle on maps that span literally hundreds of sq. miles. Unfortunately Battlefield 1942 is not available for Mac, but it is made by EA Games who also make Medal of Honor so hopefuly we'll see it soon!

Quake III Arena is quite fun.
My favorite is Unreal Tournament.
Starcraft is good too, Warcraft III gives me headaches.
Alice is a nice game.

Time killer => Unreal Tourney for sure !

My 2¢

I only have UT for the Mac, no body wants to buy all my PC games so I can start converting over to the Mac or PS2 versions. :p

I do have some on my wishlist tho! ;)
(not holding my breath tho :p)

Originally posted by Gnomo
One of the best Mac only games, and a personal favorite: Escape Velocity Nova.

Have you tried the original? OK, the graphics aren't too good, but that doesn't matter when comparing gameplay between EV Nova and EV. Original Escape Velocity just has sooo cool missions :D

Originally posted by ksv
Have you tried the original?
Yeah, EV is great too~! Escape Velocity was the final push that fully converted me to Mac. I was playing it on my roommates PowerMac and I just knew that I had to save up and buy one of these sexy machines. :D

What do you think about EV Override? I've never played it...just yet another thing on my todo list.

Originally posted by Gnomo
Yeah, EV is great too~! Escape Velocity was the final push that fully converted me to Mac. I was playing it on my roommates PowerMac and I just knew that I had to save up and buy one of these sexy machines. :D

What do you think about EV Override? I've never played it...just yet another thing on my todo list.

Nope, I think eveything else but EV is boring :p
Have you played through both the rebels and confeds line? :)

Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction is a great time killer. I guess I'm a blizzard fanatic, Starcraft and Warcraft are great as well. Baldur's Gate...BG II

and then again you always have all the yahoo games. some of the games have the ability to keep trac of your friends scores as well, so you can compete to have the highest score. i enjoy tornado 21 and pyramids

There are some pretty good freeware and shareware games too. It gives you something to do during your breaks. :) Candy Crisis is worth checking out.

Oni is really fun. Have you played Ghost recon? downloaded the demo and it really scared me, a very realistic game! American mcgee's Alice is also way cool!
Seven seas deluxe is a kool shareware that mimics the classic Delaks to some degree.

Back