Gaming with Virtual PC?

Perseus

Registered
Is it even worth me trying to see what it would be like to play online games using Virtual PC? Hahah. Whats the performance of Virtual PC? Maybe it is better to get a whole new computer, but maybe some of you have tried playing games on it. Or maybe I don't understand Virtual PC and online games wont work on it haha.

-Perseus

Um yeah, most video cards wont work on vpc. dunno why. Maybe diablo 2 will work, but i make you bet there will be many problems. Androo?

hmm not good. they should just set up some kind of interOS technology so that games and most programs work on mac and windows! Like find out the stuff behind windows that lets the programs open up, and include it in mac!
Then virtual pc would have no use, and connectix would go bankrupt...

My friend, before he bought a PC, played Ultima Online via VPC...AND IT SUCKED! For any of you out there that havent played it, the game is mostly made of 2D images anyway...but regardless...it was still pretty slow.

This is more good news than a problem: each copy of VPC will go with a copy of Windoze... M$ is not selling PCs or CPUs, but it sells Windoze. So VPC is a way to sell Windoze to Mac users :D, or to sell several copies of Windoze to PC users.

hmm I played commandos 1 on VPC for some time and it ran fine, but I did have to run it in OS 9, too slow in X (VPC 5, dunno bout 6)

I would love to be able to play Axis and Allies online using Virtual PC, but have been unable to connect to MS Zone. It''s quite sad.

Any other Axis and Allies freaks in here?

Back