garageband - bosendorfer piano vs. yamaha piano

solrac

Mac Ninja
So I've been wondering why the $150,000 Bosendorfer piano that comes in the jam pack is so great, over the $50,000 yamaha piano.

Someone else said the bosendorfer (classical piano) is much softer and better for classical pieces, and has more range.

Anyway... here's a piano track I recorded. It's not a song... I was just fooling around with it.

I exported it as the Yamaha and as the Bosendorfer. Which do you think sounds better?

Bosendorfer

Yamaha

I think the Yamaha sounds much cleaner and sharper, but the Bosendorfer has much clearer low bass notes (which I didn't play much of in this sample).

solrac said:
So I've been wondering why the $150,000 Bosendorfer piano that comes in the jam pack is so great, over the $50,000 yamaha piano.

Someone else said the bosendorfer (classical piano) is much softer and better for classical pieces, and has more range.

Anyway... here's a piano track I recorded. It's not a song... I was just fooling around with it.

I exported it as the Yamaha and as the Bosendorfer. Which do you think sounds better?

Bosendorfer

Yamaha

I think the Yamaha sounds much cleaner and sharper, but the Bosendorfer has much clearer low bass notes (which I didn't play much of in this sample).

I think the Bosendorfer sounds clean, soft, has more soul and mood... The Yamaha sounds sharp, crisp, more upbeat and newer. For classical I would choose the Bosendorfer. I'd say the biggest difference would be the Bosendorfer's soft, suttleness and the Yamaha's sharp, crispness.

Back