Garageband Crash

vondarn3y

Registered
I have been experiencing garageband crashes as follows:
The program starts as normal. I can ever open the loop browser and add tracks but as soon as I select the inserted track and attempt to copy it to add another measure, the program stops and I return to the desktop.
Sometimes I will get an error message, other times only a clean return to the Desktop.

Here is an excerpt from the crash log of one such event.

===== Use File->Reload (Cmd-R) to display more. ====
0x95c53000 - 0x95c55fff com.apple.ExceptionHandling 1.2 (???) /System/Library/Frameworks/ExceptionHandling.framework/Versions/A/ExceptionHandling
Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
0x95c53000 - 0x95c55fff com.apple.ExceptionHandling 1.2 (???) /System/Library/Frameworks/ExceptionHandling.framework/Versions/A/ExceptionHandling

At the suggestion of another forum, I removed the preferences files and logged out, re-logged in. No Change.

I also tried re-installing from the bundle disk. Again no change.

Additional information.
I am a long time Mac user but only recently moved up from OS 8.6 on a very early model iMac. I am currently using an almost brand new Mac G5
Machine Model: PowerMac7,3
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (3.0)
Number Of CPUs: 2
CPU Speed: 2.3 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 1.15 GHz
Boot ROM Version: 5.2.4f1
I have not been able to correlate the onset of crashes with any particular software install.

I would appreciate any help in suggesting solutions, strategies for getting this to work properly.

Thanks

Back