GarageBand vs SoundTrack vs Audacity

WeeZer51402

Registered
I have a few questions regarding digital recording. I've been using garage band and i find that i like it for the most part I now plan on creating a small studio in my basement and im not sure what software is going to be the most flexable in terms of loops, synths, amp emulation and so on. How does audacity compare to garage band? and to soundtrack? unfortunately i can't run logic express on the computer that i'll be using for this, my 500Mhz G4

well, audacity is cool for recording sounds and stuff like that - but I think compared to Gb and Soundtrack, it's severely limited. I haven't used audacity THAT much, so I could be wrong. But GB and ST do it so simply, so that's a big consideration in my book.

Otherwise, GB and ST come with all the loops, and stuff, so you start with a good base - audacity is bare in that dept (last I checked).

I think a combination of Gb and ST would probably be a great setup. Gb should handle a lot, but ST has just a few more things (have played on friends computer, so can't give specifics off hand) that power users will get a lot out of - IMO.

Back