Generic mouse driver (5 buttons, 2 wheels) is there such thing?

fitzkil

Registered
I bought a 'A4' mouse and the mac os x driver which they provide in their website works only with older mac os x. Is there any way around this problem? Maybe a generic driver for enablig 2 wheels?

Thanks

USB Overdrive is quite good, I've been using it for some time, now. It's got a considerably wider range of settings than many proprietary mouse drivers.
One quirk that I've found is it just won't recognize my two Logitech mice; I'm using Logitech's own drivers for those two puppies...er, mousies, which work quite adequately.
My other mice, two Microsoft, one MacAlly and one from MacMice(no longer available since the company went belly up) work supremely well with USB Overdrive.
One issue with this app's developer.....he just hasn't replied to inquiries for many months(not just with me, but with others as well), so there's no support available.
Another option for a generic mouse driver is Steermouse
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/19058. I tried it out and it works extremely well. While the latest download is for OS 10.4.3 or better, there's a download for OS 10.3.9 on Steermouse's website.

USB Overdrive recognises my second weel as being 'button 7' and therefore doens't let me scroll left and right using the weel...

Back