Germans opened boxes

Originally posted by gwynarion
I'm 99% sure that this picture is a fake. Probably more sure than that, even. All the same, it fits in with this thread and I thought I'd share it. I can see a number of things right off the bat that make this picture look wrong to me, but all the same it is one of the more attractive "leaked" pictures I've seen over the past few months.

Remember the cube/toaster photoshops when the Cube was announced? I really hope that's not what it really looks like, or else we'll being seeing a lot of trash can photoshops.

Originally posted by gwynarion
I'm 99% sure that this picture is a fake. Probably more sure than that, even. All the same, it fits in with this thread and I thought I'd share it. I can see a number of things right off the bat that make this picture look wrong to me, but all the same it is one of the more attractive "leaked" pictures I've seen over the past few months.

this picture is over a year old, and is a fake

Originally posted by genehack

There is a new alu/white keyboard, optical 2 button mouse without cord, srollwheel made of alu, bluetooth.
Cool...

Inside one CPU, cooler for two cores!!!!!!
Cooler....

the new Displays...!!!!!!! can be positioned exactly into small fittings on the left side of the hull, so that when it is used as a desktop, the display doesn´t slip away.
Coolest!! :D

Ooh, I'm intreged by the post. Its obviously difficult to tell the validity of these things but it doesn't sound unfeasible. We'll just have to wait till Monday! As for it not being called a G5, I'd put my money on PowerMac 970 or whatever as opposed to G5. I'd think Apple would want to push the whole 'look guys we've got an entirely new chip here!' thing instead of just another speed bump.

As for the picture, its a not a photo but a 3D render. Pretty sure its fake.

I SO can't wait until I'm there in San Fran Monday!!!

Steve Jobs is the biggest rock star of our generation.

If they have these babies ready to be purchased at the event, I'm bringing one home!

IMO, there's no way Apple won't do something with the PPC970 now. They chip is ready. I'm sure with the weeks of the rumor build up, they can provide us drooling hoards something to salivate over.

I think PM970 works as the machine name. Break away from the G series and make it really stand out. Also, since all the techies that will want this know what a 970 is, they've already got their marketing well underway.

I don't know what this machine will be yet, but I know I want it...is that wrong? lol ;-)

Heh, I hope they do make a 2 button mouse. The first (and only) thing i noticed when I switched from pc to mac was the 1 button mouse thing...and that bugged me to no end. Hehe...as for bluetooth, it sounds believable. I wouldn't be suprised if Apple did do something like that...it sounds very Apple-ish.

One things for sure tho, the next few days are going to be very hard to go through....maybe I'll sleep ALOT and make the time go by faster:p (j/k):D

If Apple indeed designed a 2 button mouse, it better have some sort of scroll wheel/device. It would be ridiculous if it didn't... right now they are two generations behind, and adding just another button will still keep them a generation behind, even if they have bluetooth.

Originally posted by mightyjlr
this picture is over a year old, and is a fake

Yes, Yes, and Yes. This picture has been out forever, possibly in some grad student's portfolio. The lines are reminiscent of the cube, and it's an obvious render, not photo. Wake me up in a week.

If Apple indeed designed a 2 button mouse, it better have some sort of scroll wheel/device. It would be ridiculous if it didn't... right now they are two generations behind, and adding just another button will still keep them a generation behind, even if they have bluetooth.

You have a point there

right now they are two generations behind, and adding just another button will still keep them a generation behind, even if they have bluetooth.
I disagree. Generations has nothing to do with it. Apple designs and sells a 1-button mouse for a number of philosophical and user interface reasons, not because MS has left them hopelessly in the dust. That is not to say that I completely agree with their decision on this matter to date, but it has nothing to do with being "behind" anyone. Saying that is like saying that a kite is generations behind a balloon.

What about power for the mouse and keyboard? Is it taken care of through magic pixie dust?

The average consumer isn't going to want to replace batteries on their mice and keyboard. Heck, I don't want to either.

Give me my cords!

I don't think I could handle normal AA batteries. I think multi-hour rechargeable lithium ion would be the only way to go.

Apple should at least offer the option of a 1-button mouse or a multi-button mouse.

And how do those Wacom mice and pens work on the tablets? They don't have batteries, yet they still manage to transmit some sort of signal. A wireless keyboard and mouse could utilize something like that.

Or they could just have a charging bay for the mouse, not sure about the keyboard, but batteries are a very likely source.

Back