get a movie from a digital camera

macco

Look above : it's me
Hi everybody,

Small issue. I have a canon a60 digital camera. In the "barbaric" age when I was using it with windows, the Gates' software would mount it as a drive and I was able to browse it at will and also I had a software that would have a nice GUI to downlaod the photos movies, etc.

As I bought the camera a long time ago, then there was no software for MAC. Now as I am ussing it with my ibook, when I connect it I get the images instantly with iPhoto but I can not get the avi files from the camera and also OSX does not mount it as a volumes. fdisk does not find it, disk utility nothing. until now I got my movies by booting into YellowDog and getting the manually from there.

I tried to look for a software from CAnon but no luck, also it would be niceto have a more "general" software as I had the same problem with a camera of a friend of mine (SONY).

Thanks for the help and have happy EASTER. (the catholic version)...:)))

Why not buy a cheap CF card reader? Stick the card in and.
assuming you picked that option in prefs, it'll show up on
your desktop like an HD.

Or, the cheap and easy way is to use the "Image Capture" application that's already in your Applications folder. It will let you import AVIs from your camera fairly easily.... just click "Download some..." and click the movie you want. Download. Easy.

I had to use this way of getting movies before iMovie 5 got support for movies.

EDIT: A week later from now, for Greek Orthodox: Christos Anesti

Back