Get Files using iChat?

slickfrick24

Registered
On AIM there is a get file feature to download files off of other people. I don't see this feature on iChat. Anyone know how i could get it or is there no way to get it?

Alas, this particular file-sharing feature is missing from iChat. If you want it, you'll have to use AOL's official AIM client for Mac, found at www.aim.com

Though, I must admit, you're the only person I know of who uses this feature. It's not inquired about often, so I doubt support for it will come to other AIM apps anytime soon...

Anybody know if libgaim has got it/working on it? That way, it might be implimented in Adium?

Actually, I used to use Adium, and noticed that file transferring was a con. Maybe in future versions. I could not receive files properly, let alone "get" them. That aside, Adium is a fantastic AIM client.

Actually, the feature that slickfrick24 (oi... dear lord... try typing that with a straight face... oi vey...) is a feature where you can share a whole folder-full of files via AIM.... this way, other users can just browse your files or whatever whenever THEY want to.... you don't have to do anything, just be online.

Back