get info into column view!

Do you think this design would work?

• Yes

• No

• I don´t know

Results are only viewable after voting.

koim

Registered
Something like this would be great! :eek: No need to bring up that get info window when there´s all that free space in the column view! What do you think?

Attachments

• columninfo.jpg
    columninfo.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 50
Maybe... but it would have to be narrower than that; no one has their last column with that much space :)

But perhaps you're onto something...

Well, it would be nice to have some of that info in the preview pane, but it would have to be packed in pretty tight. I doubt you could make it work without a nightmare interface. Worth thinking about, though...

I GOT IT, PEOPLE!!!!!

This should be sent to Apple. Check out my version... it's small, it's sleek, and I managed to fit it into a NORMAL SIZED column. This might really work!

Attachments

• newfinder.jpg
    newfinder.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 38
Yeah, SNAX is definitely feature-ripe, but I feel like it has too much going on. In contrast, the Finder seems faster, sleeker, and less complicated, even though it doesn't have all the same features. SNAX is GREAT, but I feel like I'm using Windows :)

We need SNAX done the Apple way, and then I'll be happy.

That looks GREAT, testuser. I'd say we should have a panel come out just like that if you click "show info", otherwise it would appear below the normal attribute list. For folders, they could pop out a side panel (like Apple Mail and OmniWeb) that would show information. How does that sound? I'm not on my Mac right now so I can't do a mock-up, but I will when I get home.

Yes! That´s brilliant! And the info would stick to the window. So if you want to compare two folder f.ex. you could open a new window.
Go for this one Apple!!!

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking of. Thanks for the mockup testuser. Now, everyone go to Apple's feedback page (http://www.apple.com/macosx/feedback/) and tell them about this. Include a link to testuser's image (we can assume the image will not go away, right?) and tell them to implement this feature. :):)

As a brief aside, I think that to make one able to use the maximum amount of column space, this tab should pop out from the bottom of the window. Just an aesthetics thing, and it would also allow the most horizontal room onscreen. It would be great either way though.

Off to Apple's feedback page I go...

Back