Getting ready for the BIG event

DarleenMB

Registered
Okeydokey. I get to be the official guinea pig for our local user group (YES! OSX is in my hot little hands even as we speak!!).

I used the beta and loved it. Now I'm about to step off the cliff and install the real thing.

I have: A beige MT G3 which I upgraded from 233 to 400; an ATI 128 Rage Orion video card; 192MB RAM and three drives...a 3GB which currently houses OS 9.1 and a few assorted programs that refuse to reside ANYwhere but the system disk; a 15GB which holds all my STUFF (games, programs, documents, graphics, digital photos, etc) and a 1GB which is home to the Dark Side.

The plan.

I intend to reformat the windoze drive and move OS9.1 and friends over there. then I'll reformat and partition the 3GB. I was planning on a threesome. 1GB give or take for OSX, OS9.1 and whatever. maybe I'll do 2. It's still up for discussion.

then I'll install OSX and THEN move OS9.1+ into its new home thus paving the way to reinstall windoze back on the 1GB.

So. this is a call to the experts out there. How's my plan look? Workable?

I'm soooooo excited!!!!!

Originally posted by DarleenMB
1GB give or take for OSX, OS9.1 and whatever. maybe I'll do 2. It's still up for discussion.
X takes 1GB up for itself alone.
You should definitely give it something bigger :)

Back