Getting to see you through iChat AV...

serpicolugnut

OS X Supreme Being
Since we're all dying to try out how well the video conferencing works with iChat AV, I'm offering up my services to chat face to face with whomever wants to. Of course, you'll need some sort of FW camera and iChat AV...

My screen name is serpicolugnut (easy enough). Post yours here and let's see if we can get some international communiques brewing!

that was sound-only, btw, jason... with ricky's iMac microphone, it was better... guess my voice was fuzzy on his side...

Tried the audio chat with a friend. The quality is absolutely based on the quality of the mic.
I was using a Sony DV cam for the video and audio. he told me it sounded great. he was using the old apple mic and his sound was fuzzy and had a lot of feedback.

I am running to the Apple store this weekend for an iSight!

Netmeeting is dismal on Windows - it's barely been updated since 1998, and its quality, latency, compression, and stability is horrible.

Now if only I can convince the rest of my family to buy a Mac =)

I tried the audio out today with a friend using our built in mics (pismo and titanium pb) and it sounded great. Very cool feature. :-D

A Hot hot hot sexy chick is waiting for you! Watch as she (censored) every single (censored) (censored) out and all over (censored) (censored)!!!! She'll chat with you and do whatever you want at your command! She'll make you (censored) like you've never (censored) before!

COME SEE ME. CLICK HERE TO WATCH MY LIVE ICHAT WEBCAM

Sorry.... the spam is getting to me.

Gah...don't go giving people ideas already. :p

I'll download it and dig for my mic...probably won't have the best quality, though.

aim = darkshadw2

I don't have a cam, so no video feeds for me.

Just got done video chatting with maktek.(bobw)

OH MY GOD!

I have used other solutions (Netmeeting, iVisit, etc.) and none of them are this simple, clean and easy to set up and use.

PERIOD.

There was no latency going from S.Florida to Philly at all. We might as well ahve been in the same room.

Bitch all you want, but this is a winner in my book.

i just tried the phone feature with maktek from philly (thanks bob) . i live in dallas texas. the phone feature is fantastic. crystal clear and soooo easy to use.
i give it a resounding two thumbs up

siva

I'm brat270783 on AIM.

Already tried it with the US, with Norwegia, with Switzerland, and finally with France, and it works great everywhere !

Even though my microphone is built-in and my English sh!tty, people understood me ! Wow ! :D

I have done the voice chat with my friend in New York and my brother in Sweden. It's great, sound quality is great and it's saves me a lot of money.
My brother was on a dial-up and it still worked great. No more international phone bills :)

Viktor

Back