Ghost Menu

Sogni

*gone*
Anyone know why I'm getting this? See Attached...

Some menus, usually when I right-click an icon in the dock won't fully draw and stay in a "ghost" state - but are fully functional. Every now and then they stay completly black until I move the mouse over the selections. Right-clicking the icon again usually fixes it, but keeps coming back a lot.

I also have the applications folder in my Dock, and when I right-click that, since it's so long - the top scroll arrows get a black border...

Any ideas?

Attachments

• weird-ghost-menu.jpg
    weird-ghost-menu.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 104
I couldn't help noticing that your folder and trash icons look different from the defaults. Have you installed a third party "theme?" That could likely cause the problems, if so.

I know exactly what is doing this. It's the Application Enhancer by Unsanity. I had this problem too, and wrote to them about it. They never replied, so I uninstalled it and no problem ever since. It would be nice if they actually fix the dang problem.

David,
That's Candybar by Panic / The Iconfactory, and if I remember correctly I had this problem before installing Candybar. Problem is that now that I want to go back to my default icons (or change them) I can't cuz Candybar is expired! Doh! :p

dantjie,
The only things I have installed from Unsanity is WindowShadeX... hmmm... wonder if that's doing it... Ok I'm willing to give it a try - how do I uninstall it? heh :p

But if it's WindowShadeX that's doing it - I'm willing to live with it cuz it's been extremly helpful to me. :)

doesn't windowshade X require APE now? i think it installs it automatically. not sure, tho.

WindowShadeX uses the Application Enhancer, if you don't have APE it will install it for you before you can use WindowShadeX. All You have to do is uninstall APE, you can do that by running the APE installer which has an uninstall feature. You can download that from the Unsanity website.

If you want to reenable WindowShadeX again just click on it again in the PrefPane and it will inform you that you need to have Application Enhancer installed and it will do it for you. WindowShadeX will run again after this.

You're right dantjie!
I did just what you said... downloaded APE, clicked "Uninstall", loged out, loged back in - problem solved! But no WindowsShade... damnit...

Clicked on WindowShadeX in System Prefs, asked me for my password, then told me to log out and back in...

Ok, did that...

Problem's back! ACK!!! Damnit! :-(

I guess I'll live with it, like I said - WindowShade is extremly useful for me, and I don't mind the ghosting enough to get rid of WindowShade...

But at least now I know who the culprit is! Thanks! :)

Back