Giving up on Lion

nemac

Registered
I have a 13 inch MacBook with a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 4GB 667 MHz DDR 2 SDRAM running Mac OS X version 10.7.2 and I have had it with Lion. I want to go back to Snow Leopard. I am tired of all the system freezes I have encountered with Lion. My problem is that I don't know how to go about it. I still have the Snow Leopard media but of course, I can't just boot off that DVD and perform an installation. I assume that I would need to use the "Disk Utility" to format the HD and then perform the installation of the OS. Again I just don't know enough about the Mac to do this without first getting some step by step instructions on how to go about it. Can someone give me some instructions on how to use the Disk Utility to format my drive so that I can re-install Snow Leopard?

TIA

Javier

I have a 13 inch MacBook with a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 4GB 667 MHz DDR 2 SDRAM running Mac OS X version 10.7.2 and I have had it with Lion. I want to go back to Snow Leopard. I am tired of all the system freezes I have encountered with Lion. My problem is that I don't know how to go about it. I still have the Snow Leopard media but of course, I can't just boot off that DVD and perform an installation. I assume that I would need to use the "Disk Utility" to format the HD and then perform the installation of the OS. Again I just don't know enough about the Mac to do this without first getting some step by step instructions on how to go about it. Can someone give me some instructions on how to use the Disk Utility to format my drive so that I can re-install Snow Leopard?

TIA

Javier

Hi Javier,

I am planning to upgrade my OSX Snow Leopard to Lion and then I saw your post. One of my buddies recently upgraded his 13" Macbook from Snow Leopard to Lion (about a month ago). I believe his Macbook has the same spec as yours, but he upgraded his RAM to 8GB before installing Lion.

So far I've not heard him complaining - I will ask him tomorrow to see if he's further tweaked his system.

Cheers,
Simon.

I spoke with an apple tech who told me that it is a known issue with this model. He said to upgrade to 4gigs and it should be OK. I told him I already had done that. I updated the memory two weeks after the OS upgrade. Maybe you need 8Gigs.

Please let me know how yours acts after the upgrade.

Thanks

Back