gNAT hosed my network control panel

Fahrvergnuugen

I am the law!
I installed GNAT last night hoping it would allow me to share my dial up connection with my G3. I ran the program, clicked the "enable connection sharing" button and bam, my downloads ceased, kicked off aim, etc, etc. I was still connected to the internet though. So I went into the prefrences control panel to see what was going on with the network settings. The network control panel "...can not be loaded".

Can somebody help me fix this?

~pedro

Registered
I've had this same problem, and I've yet to get gNAT to work properly. I reinstalled X on top of my "old" X and this fixed the network pannel problem. May not be the best solution, but it works.

Nachohat

je suis donc je pense
Man I can't wait until Sustworks releases IpNetrouter for OsX. It's works pretty nicely and I share a DSL connection with 4 other computers. But I crashes all the time so I can't wait until it comes for Os X.

I was about to try out Gnat to see if it could replace IpNetrouter, but now that I see this, I think I will wait a bit longer :D

~pedro

Registered
Yeah, I'm all for IPNetRouter stepping up. That's what I currently use, and it works perfectly, but at the same time it's one of the main things that keeps me from being in X full time. (The faceless background app is the coolest) The great thing about gNAT, which beats a hardware or other software router, is that its FREE! I guess I could bite the bullet and realize my worst fears (being learning command line stuff) and just do it myself, but I'll take the comfort of a GUI any day!:p

Fahrvergnuugen

I am the law!
Right now I'm using a LinkSys 4 port ethernet hub to share a connection with my new cable modem and two G4s. I'm just not sure if its routing correctly. I have the cable modem plugged into the uplink port and two G4s plugged into regular ports on the hub. Everything works great except for transfer speeds between machines. When FTPing a file, it averages about 100k/s. This should be closer to 1MB/s over a 100BT hub.

Any suggestions?