GnomeMeeting

Do you have Fink installed?

Fink certainly isn't the most straight-forward way to install software onto your Mac. It's definitely very Unixy, and you'll probably be more comfortable with it if you're very familiar with Linux (not coincidentally, a majority of programs available are Linux ports (software developed primarily for Linux)).

Unfortunately, I just noticed that gnomemeeting is "unstable" only, which might mean it doesn't even work, and means it's a bit more difficult to install. You'll need to have developer tools installed off of the OS X CD, if you don't already. You'll need to change a config file. AND, you'll need to let the machine sit and compile endless packages to get it installed.

Before I spend the time to type out how to do it, are you going to spend the time, or would it make more sense for you to use another Mac videoconferencing software (I saw messages about others floating around, can't think of any off the top of my head)?

Ripcord, if you could explain how to get GnomeMeeting to work, that'd be GREAT?! I'd like to use it to talk with my mom that has WinXP since it's supposed to work with NetMeeting which she already knows how to use, thanks ...

Back