Going to buy an ipod

Browni

Registered
Im will be buying a ipod kinda soon, and im doing some budgeting, and i have some questions for any one who as an ipod already:

Do i need a ipod dock?
Is there any were you know of that i can get an ipod cheaper then apple store im in the uk.

thanks

adam

You don't need one, it comes with a cable that will hook directly from your iPod to the back of the computer.

HOWEVER, the dock is nice to have if you don't want to reach around the back of your computer every time you want to plug your iPod back in.

... Or, you could just keep one end plugged into the computer, and the other end free. that works, too. The reality is, a dock is just more convenient than a "plug."

Ipods cost doesn't seem to be worth it, like come on it's only a mp3 player, what's with the immense cost of it? Alternatives such as the Nomad from creative labs is as good as Ipod and costs less too.

Originally posted by Devlinite
Ipods cost doesn't seem to be worth it, like come on it's only a mp3 player, what's with the immense cost of it? Alternatives such as the Nomad from creative labs is as good as Ipod and costs less too.
Just like macs are more expensive than PC's.

You're paying for ease of use, quality, and craftmanship.

That's really mumbo jumbo PR stuff...

Seriously, how hard is it to press a button to listen to mp3 music? I doubt the competitors of Ipod have somekind of complex system that hinders to press the button to play the mp3.

Seriously, there is no excuse for the high cost... If i were you, I would buy an alternative to Ipod, they seem to be just as good.

That's because you don't know what it's like listening with the iPod. Have you even tried using the iPods vs another type of mp3 player? With the iPod I can browse to any song in my collection (of over 300) in a matter of seconds. It's not "pressing a button".

Oh right, you're a troll. A hungry one at that.

Oh, so you have used all competing mp3 players and compared them with the Ipod. I am pretty sure everyone has 300 favorite songs in there machines.

Oh and I am pretty sure that all those 300 songs were legally purchased from Itunes store ;)

Oh, so you have used all competing mp3 players and compared them with the Ipod. I am pretty sure everyone has 300 favorite songs in there machines.

Oh and I am pretty sure that all those 300 songs were legally purchased from Itunes store ;)
I've used a lot of them, and they all pale in comparison to the iPod. And just because you don't have that many songs doesn't mean everyone doesn't. Many people have many more.

And those songs were either ripped from my CD collection or were downloaded. I've never used the iTunes Music Store, though I'd like to.

legally purchased or converted to aac from cds by pressing simply one button in itunes and draggin them to the ipod and then unpluggin it and ur done.:)

its called ease of use :)

Not to mention that an iPod is more than just an MP3 player. Not a lot more, perhaps, but more. It is also a calendar, address book, solitaire, alarm clock, and several other things, not to mention a nice portable Firewire hard drive. And I have over 1000 songs I like to listen to, so if an iPod makes accessing them easier compared to others it is worth spending more for. I better stop now before I talk myself into buying one :)

especially with the new 40 GB iPod i think the fact that its very easy small and portable firewire device is one of its major advantages.

u can have 5 or 6 movies in there plus 50-60 cd of music :) ... oh.... macs :)

Do you honestly have nothing better to do than sit here and extoll the virtues of Microsoft? Shouldn't you be applying security patches to your OS or something?

Why don't you have one? Maybe because you can't afford one... Maybe because they are too expensive?
(i personally have an iPod)

but for the everyone who doesnt: a Creative nomad jukebox 3 with 40 gb costs 400 us dollars.. and the iPod costs 500 with same storage.

but ohhh.. wait.... that creative nomad is huge and ugly. and useless... and in general CRAP compared to an iPod ....

so.. just shut ur trap young man.. lol
hahaha

Why don't you have one? Maybe because you can't afford one... Maybe because they are too expensive?

Yep. As are all the OTHER brands that can actually hold even a small portion of my music. And the iPod is the ONLY one I can even begin to justify the cost of buying, because of all it's other features. But I should probably let this drop now before I am accused of feeding the trolls :)

The iPods also support AAC files, perfect for those who like to download their songs legally from the iTunes Music Store at higher quality and smaller sizes than MP3's.

But I suppose you'd rather use BMDC, right?

I though purchasing songs is old fashion... :D

Aright, you probably right with the ipod, but I still think it's too expensive for what it does... If they lowered the price, it would be more successful than now. I would consider even buying it.

Back