GoLive 6.1 Won't Start

twheeler

Registered
Apparently I'm the ONLY one with this problem as no one's posted it here or anywhere I can find, but I can't get GoLive to start in 10.2.4 unless I let it start in Classic, and it doesn't open if I boot in 9.2.2, either. I am trying to work on projects for clients, and running in Classic is not a good solution as it randomly quits.

The app begins to start, and when the start-up product name/identifier graphic box goes away, nothing happens. If you go up to the menu bar, then the cursor changes to the spinning beach ball thing.

I am not having trouble with any other app.

I have thrown away ALL GoLive preferences from everywhere.

I have trashed and reinstalled GoLive and the 6.1 update. Twice.

I am pretty sure GL6.1 ran under 10.2.4 at some point, but can't remember for sure.

Help!

I know it's supposed to work, and it all did work for me initially. The only reason it starts in Classic is because I set it to start in Classic after it failed to start in either OS X or 9.2.2. And it's reeeeeaaaallly buggy running in Classic on top of X.

I think something is amiss with my system folder or in the GoLive files. I have checked everything I know to check and am looking for help from someone with more OS X experience/knowledge than myself.

Trust me -- by the time I actually post asking for help I have used up what I've been told is a pretty good store of common sense, have searched online resources exhaustively, and am at a complete loss!

So, again: help!

I guess about now I'd reinstall GoLive v6.0 and see if that made any difference...One question-where did you get the 6.1 upgrade? It wasn't listed at the Adobe GoLive update site.

I guess about now I'd reinstall GoLive v6.0 and see if that made any difference...

As I mentioned in my initial post, I did that.

One question-where did you get the 6.1 upgrade? It wasn't listed at the Adobe GoLive update site.

The update is on Adobe's Web site, here.

I managed to complete the site I was working on, all the while having to force quit and restart GoLive. It's very frustrating to spend 12 hours doing what might take four to six otherwise.

Still looking for help...

I, too, have the same problem! GL 6.0.1 does NOT startup in OS X 10.2.x. It crashes at the login window screen!

that is the 6.0.1 update, not 6.1

try trashing all the prefs for golive, mine hasnt crashed is ages, although i know it does when you preview a page with frames where one of the frames is a directory and not a file

GoLive 6.0.1 has been running great for me on my PowerBook (where I do most of my work). I don't have Mac OS 9.x.x on that system, so I have no idea what sort of Classic problems would have come from the update. I've completed three sites for clients since I updated to 6.0.1 on that system. In that time I've had GoLive crash once (5-26-2003), it started up again just fine and I when the rest of that day without any trouble. It is an everyday app for me, so any problems with it on my system would be very noticeable.

I would suggest completely removing it from your system and then reinstalling just 6.0 for now. If 6.0 works for a while, then consider updating to 6.0.1 when you have the time to work with it if it starts giving you problems again.

I've actually had pretty good luck with all my Adobe apps on that system. Both Acrobat and Photoshop have crashed only once in the last year.

Also my PowerBook is running 10.2.1, as it is my primary production system I don't monkey around with it too much. Once I reached a stable system, I froze it. I would only apply updates to that system to fix problems, and as I haven't had any, at 10.2.1 it'll stay (until I get a couple week break to install and troubleshoot the updates).

I highly recommend not applying updates of any kind when you are in the middle of projects unless they fix a problem you are having that is keeping you from finishing your work. I can remember some of my clients learning this the hard way back when they upgraded from 8.6 to 9.x and then their systems wouldn't start. As it turned out they needed an update to ATM Deluxe, a small thing that was free, but they lost a day of work on three systems because of it and missed a couple deadlines.

Back