GoLive 6?

ristin_uk

Kent Lad
Does anyone out there have any idea when Adobe will be releasing the Carbonised version of GoLive (I assume it'll be GoLive 6?).
Also, will Photoshop 7 for X be released at MacWorld in January? hehe ;)
Those two apps I soooo need to be OS X native (along with the rest of the design world no doubt)
;)

Illustrator 10 & InDesign 2 first (Illustrator perhaps this month and InDesign in January(?)) and then GoLive after these, and finally the latest and the greatest Photoshop (summer perhaps).;)

On the sequence of releases after InDesign 2 comes out in Dec/Jan... But, the good news is that Bruce Chizen has stated in the Adobe Illustrator Press Release that ALL of Adobe's major apps will be OS X ready within 6 months... From the beta reports, and inside info from sites like the Register, it looks like this will be the schedule:

InDesign: Dec/Jan
GoLive Jan/Feb
Photoshop: Jan/Feb
Premiere: Feb/March
After Effects: Feb/March
Atmosphere: April/May

the beta of GoLive 6 is making it's way around Carracho now. My guess is you'll see an announcement for a ship date or maybe even a release at MWSF in early January...

As everything, it depends on what's important to you. Dreamweaver has a larger base of users, and is widely considered to generate cleaner, more compatible code. GoLive's strengths seem to be tight integration with other Adobe products (Photoshop, ImageReady, Illustrator, LiveMotion), and some pretty nifty QuickTime tools.

My advice: If you are looking to learn a package that will allow you to land a job in web design (if they all don't disappear!), look to Dreamweaver.

If you have a bunch of the aforementioned Adobe apps, GoLive might be a better choice for you. The tight integration with Adobe's other apps might be a huge timesaver for you.

Either way, I wouldn't buy either right now. Both are expected to have upgrades ship within the next 1-3 months with OS X compatibility.

Fireworks isn't an HTML editor. Granted, it will generate HTML code when you export your sliced up layout, but you can't really edit Fireworks' HTML code like you can in Dreamweaver... It's like the analogy to using Illustrator to layout your catalog with. Yeah, you can do type in Illustrator (or Freehand), but if you want to do serious editing you use Quark/InDesign (and for the web, you use Dreamweaver/GoLive/or BBEDit if you are a code nazi)...

Back