gona make ipod photo play videos

rayltx

Registered
ok so my friend is gonna make my ipod photo play videos. he already did it in his ipod nano and they work good. but i was wondeirng like will it mess up with the baterry or something. cause i heard it would. oh his making them play them by installing linux

You can always do the "Factory Restore" in the ipod software updater, which should revert back to good old iPod OS, unless linux has somehow damaged your hardware.

but the thing is i restarted my computer but i didnt back up my music so i dont wanna loose all my music b restoring it

You should download your tunes back to your computer - just in case. I used iLinkpod (http://www.ilinkpod.com/) to do this on my computer. You will definitely want to do this if you are putting linux on your iPod, because if anything goes wrong, your tunes are gone.

Ha, that's funny... Actually this just happened to me. Be *extremely* careful with trying to catch iTunes before it "syncs" up your iPod and destroys everything... if you haven't made a user profile in iTunes yet, tell it "No" when you plug your iPod into the computer.

I tried one program that was reccomened by a site I was reading, but it basically did nothing... a bit of research would of helped...

*never* rely on a ipod as your music store, it should be a syncronisation only, not the place it resides.

it's just too prone to going tits up that way.

Oh, sorry, that was a mac solution.. I'm just so used to solving mac problems that I assumed you have a mac.. sorry. But, yeah, the above should work.

As for the movies messing up the battery, it doesnt get messed up, it just drains the battery more because it has to access the hard drive a lot. The files are huge compared to music.

And I also say that you should keep your music on both your iPod and your computer. Just keeping it on the iPod is not good.

Back