Good Bye eMac?

i think, personally, the CRT is dead. it had it's uses, and for a time, LCD's just weren't up to scratch, but now.... i see CRT's as being blurry and distorted. on a flat panel, everything is completely flat, and there is no pixel-focussing going on, as the pixel is right there. the colour issues are all but gone now, and the viewing angle on this 20" is incredible. it's like an a3 piece of paper at times. i don'thave to worry about resolution management, or the screen refresh rate going to low and giving me headaches, this thing won't darken over time, or suffer burn in. it also gives me about 2 square feet more on my desk than my old 21" crt (i can actually fit documents in front of it!).

yes. for me certainly, i will never go back to a crt. the lcd is good enough now.

PS, has anyone used each of a 17" powerbook, a 17" imac and a 20" imac? notice the screens? the 20" shares the same panel as this, so a bloody good one, but the 17" shares the powerbook one, this poor cheap lcd with a terrible viewing angle, groggy dark colours and ghosting as well? this is only something i realise after seeing them all. i was going to buy a 17" imac, but i'm glad i didn't now. awful. the 20" at least has a professional display in it.

Lt Major Burns said:
the 20" [iMac] shares the same panel as this [cinema display], so a bloody good one, but the 17" shares the powerbook one, this poor cheap lcd with a terrible viewing angle, groggy dark colours and ghosting as well

really is that true?! That could explain a lot, because I have a 20" iMac and I get really irritated when I read ppl complaining about the quality because I think mine is amazing. Perhaps they are referring to the 17".

can anyone with a 17" confirm this?

Lt Major Burns said:
PS, has anyone used each of a 17" powerbook, a 17" imac and a 20" imac? notice the screens? the 20" shares the same panel as this, so a bloody good one, but the 17" shares the powerbook one, this poor cheap lcd with a terrible viewing angle, groggy dark colours and ghosting as well? this is only something i realise after seeing them all. i was going to buy a 17" imac, but i'm glad i didn't now. awful. the 20" at least has a professional display in it.

the new 17" iMac does not seem as nice as the 20", the colors are darker and not as crisp. I was playin around with one at the apple store, go for the 20"

Back