Good ol' Apple

jcontonio

Registered
You don't know how glad I felt when I got the e-Mail from apple to take a survey for OS X...atleast they're keeping up with their word. Just make sure if you get an e-Mail like that that when it says if you have any extra comments, put in you want the terminal app in the final version.

I was very glad to see Apple make a survey and I filled it out as soon as I got the e-mail notice. I did write to keep the terminal in. Plus I asked to add spring-loaded folders (don't forget that).

i've posted sooo many comments on macosx it isn't funny...but i still have not received this survey...i'm hurt, how come i never got it....does anyone know how long it will take to get this email, thanks, and let me know

I too have posted several detailed feature request/changes for OS X, yet have not recieved this survey. I'm getting annoyed as well.

I'm not just getting annoyed of not getting the survey, but I'm annoyed of how Apple is handling OS X Public Beta in general. Their OS X website, for example, has basically no info for Public Beta users, and what little information is there, is rarely updated. Of course though, they have all those pages for showing how the Dock and Aqua are 'so cool', complete with Quicktime movies. But where are the software updates? We know that there is a chance we will see OS X Beta updates, but when? Where are the tips and late breaking news flashes about OS X Beta? Where are the message boards that we can have one central website to discuss OS X Beta, and not constantly hunt around on 3rd party website UBB's like this? Why can't I combine Versiontracker.com, osx.macnn.com, macosx.com, and appleinsider.com into one, Apple branded website?

I don't think I'm asking too much. It's time for Apple to do us a favor and make us feel like welcome OS X Beta Testers and stop leaving us in the dust like they do so many times.

evo,
Apple can do whatever they want. They're not gonna put versiontracker and macnn into one website, that's a waste of time, plus those websites give Apple news that Apple probably wouldn't even want out anyway.
It's a beta. They are working on it. They don't have to support updates, or anything unti lthe final version comes out. Why waste their time making beta users happy when that would slow down the final candidate?

Only certain people got the survey. I don't know why, but that's how it happened. I'm guessing no one can go through a million survey things. hell, I wouldn't even go through 100. That would suck. Anyway, stop bitching about what Apple isn't doing and look at what Apple is doing. Letting you preview their OS legally until it comes out in 2001. Like that isn't cool enough...jesus.

Originally posted by tz3gm
i've posted sooo many comments on macosx it isn't funny...but i still have not received this survey...i'm hurt, how come i never got it....does anyone know how long it will take to get this email, thanks, and let me know

WOW! 7 posts; that's a lot of comments. I hope to reach that number some day :) I'm don't know if apple is sending surveys to everyone or even planning on it... but a few thousand of those surveys would suck to look at. They already get tons of feedback as it is, and apple employs addmit that they look at these sites all the time... If apple is planning on sending you a survey, they will, but maybe not till they finish the first thousand or so they collected. Until then, keep posting forums and emailing apple - u'll get through to them eventually.

F-bacher

I've not gotten one. I've given in 10 or so feedbacks (i.e., via the 'Official' link, Ghoser... ;) & intend to give in others, of course. I guess the idea for me is that I'd like to be one of fewer voices, instead of only 1 in 1,000's (off into infinity) via that link.

Oh well, I've not given up on looking forward to getting a later version of the invitation... ;)

Back