Good Spam Filter for Mail.app?

Flipsidejones

Registered
Hey all..

I get about 40-50 spams a day, and would LOVE to find a way to filter them now that I have migrated to macs, and mail.app. How can i control these things?

Outlook on the pc had a "junk senders" list, which helped quite a bit on the repeated spam, but mail.app doesnt seem to have something like that. Is there an add-on, or a good filter rule i can use to keep these things from filling up my mailbox?

Thanks...

p.s. -- other than this one thing, and possibly pgp integration (or lack of), mail.app is amazing. :)

gpgmail seems pretty nice. I just installed it, and it looks good. I wish it was a bit more full featured, but the developers seem good, and it is still in development. Definately a good start. :)

Is there /anything/ i can do about the spam in mail.app? I know i can "bounce" the messages, but that results in unsendable messages coming back at me for every spam w/ a fake address. Not to mention, its a form of direct contact w/ the spammer that I dont trust.

One spam software that would be nice to use was recently mentioned on /. - its called Vipul's Razor. Is there a way we could make this work on OS X, with Mail.app?

Someone PLEASE help with this.. I'm drowing here. How do you deal with the spam?

This is how I deal with spam. I don't use my ISP-provided email account (that cuts a good chunk of spam out). I have my domain setup so that email sent to anything@mydomain.com is forwarded to my email account. When I buy anything, I put the same keyword (Sucks) in my email. So if I buy something at amazon, I put amazon_sucks@mydomain.com

All incoming email that contains the word sucks in the receipient name is archived into a folder. This sens order numbers and confirmaitons to this folder, but I never check those things anyway. If a delivery does not make it for some reason, I can search the spam folder and look for emails that I was expecting...

Unfortunately, i did not do this from the outset so some SPAM gets through anyway. I am thinking of changing domains just so I can *always* use my keyword filtering....

Back