Goodbye to my Powerbook..how ?

iluvosx

Registered
I have been using a G3 Powerbook Laptop which has suddenly decided to die out on me. It just refuses to boot up. The battery is fine and alive- I guess the book is dead.

I know this is a rather bad query - but I had some pretty important documents on the had disk which have no backup. Any chance of retrieving them ? Any link on the method to do this would help.

Thanks

In the case that your hd is not fried:
I am not familiar with all of the G3 laptops, but i am on a pismo and i know that all of the second generation g3 laptops have IBM travelstar 2.5 inch hard drives, these are the same drives they apple still uses in all of their laptops (as far as i know) I suggest that if you have any access to another laptop, just pop your hd into it and back up your files. I suggest using another g3 powerbook because hd swaps are easy, hd sits under the keyboard.

Have you tried booting it with Norton utilities or the OS Cd and running Disk First Aide?

Same thing happened to me. I have a G3 Bronze Keyboard 333mhz - I had to get a new logic board installed and it cost $600 so since your HD is still good, you might just want to get a new one. I have replaced my logic boarfda nd still used it for over a year.

Back