Got a question about Jag 6c115?

wyvern

I have it installed, so fire away!
One interesting tidbit: the look of the buttons has changed. It's now a little "flatter" without quite such an obvious 3-D look. It's now just a bit rounded instead of looking like "half of a hot dog".

I have two questions about Jaguar that I've wondered about since day one

1. Do windows and dialog boxes pop up instantly like in OS 9 or do they still draw rather slow to the point of being annoying in OS 10.1.5? I noticed that in OS 10 all dialog boxes and windows draw slower once the cpu is loaded down with other applications. Somehow QE comes to my mind. Will QE fix this? Maybe the new interface will make things even faster?

2. Are there any changes in the open and save dialog boxes?

The open and save boxes look the same to me.
Windows and dialog boxes open up every bit as fast as in OS 9, as far as I can tell.

is the "minimize in place" feature back yet? :)

what does the spinning beach ball of DEATH look like now? :)

I haven't been able to find minimize in place. If it's there, it's hidden.

The tehcnicolor beachball looks much much cooler. The only time i saw it was during the installation.

I'm all for a 50*50 pixel spinning ball. Why, you ask? So developers have a good reason to eliminate its appearance. It should be butt-ugly, too. ;)

Thinking of this, maybe they _did_ make it look yummy so developers chased the events of its appearance (and eliminated them).

In another thread someone asked...
Does Jaguar really allow lid closed operation on iBooks?

Yeah, I have the same question. I want to be able to put an (AOL) away message on my computer, close the lid, and walk away... to later return and see who missed me.

Keyboard nav using the arrow keys works in open/save. (I tested Open, I assume Save works as well...)

When I closed the lid, it (the PB) went to sleep, and I could find no option in Sys Prefs to prevent that from happening. I have not used mail (this PB is not on the network).

Originally posted by wyvern
Keyboard nav using the arrow keys works in open/save. (I tested Open, I assume Save works as well...)

Hurray!!! Also, can you use letters to move down in the open/save dialogs? For instance, if I have a long list and I want to get down to the first W listing, can you push the 'w' key and have the selection move down to w? If so, I can finally use the Open / Save dialogs efficiently!

David

No, the "w" thing doesn't work... too bad, it would have been very cool!

This has probably been much-ballyhooed, but there is now a faint shadow on the Arrow cursor. It basically serves to highlight the white outline on white backgrounds. I like it (it's not huge and butt-ugly like the Windows cursor shadow). And man, that rainbow cursor looks cool :) I'll try and get a SS of it, but it doesn't show much ;)

Back