Got it! Works GREAT!

ulfis

Registered
Hi all,

Got my OSX Public Beta yeterday, and is so far really impressed.
Have installed it both on a free partition on a PB G3/300 (Wall Street) and also on a beige G3/333 (last model before Blue & White).

The only problem I've had, was the beige G3: I previously had Mac OS X Server 1.2 installed on a IDE drive partition, but I got errors at the end of installation, dropping into OpenFirmware monitor. I even tried to manually format the partition, but I got the same error. I guess the Mac OS X Server Boot Loader partition caused this error so I reformatted the whole drive and installed again. No problem so far.

Mac OS X also works great with my Farallon 10/100 card; next is to see if my OrangeLink USB/FireWire card works... More news follows later.

/ulfis

Originally posted by ulfis
Mac OS X also works great with my Farallon 10/100 card; next is to see if my OrangeLink USB/FireWire card works... More news follows later.

The Apple System profiler recognizes my Orange card; a standard USB mouse works immediately, but not if I use my MacAlley USB hub between the mouse and computer.
A FireWire card is listed in the correct PCI slot. Unfortunately I don't have any FireWire disks or devices around...

/ulfis

Back