Got Jag?

themacko

Barking at the moon.
Instead of having everyone start a new thread each time they get home with Jaguar, let's keep all the "I got Jaguar today!" posts in here. I don't have it yet, but I'll be getting mine tonight at the Apple Store.

Also, if you do get it, go ahead and post something usefull like your first impressions, some screenshots, etc.

:)

I got Jag on Tuesday and i still cant believe i have it. There are a couple bugs that i've noticed so far. I left my computer on for a while and when i returned to it i couldn't move any files they just stayed where they were (not that i didnt have admin privs...they just wouldn't move). And in iChat you can set it to speak things when you login/out or when you get a message...i tried it out but it didnt save the phrases that i set it to say. It got a little annoying so i turned it off. So for about 4 days and only two minor bugs...not bad. I hope this gets fixed in 10.2.1

I just received my copy of Jaguar. It was mailed yesterday. Well worth the price.

Shipped yesterday with free shipping option. And now it's sitting on my doorsetp at home waiting for me. But i'm still at work

Soon. so soon.

Twister

I got my copy today!

I've found a bunch of new Menu Extras, including an Eject one.

The new zoom rects in the Finder are cool, but I wish that they were in every app. I actually sent feedback to Apple after getting 10.0 suggesting that they make windows 'Genie' open, but I think it like the scale effect better.

The new mouse shadow is cool, but it isn't on my iBook, which I find annoying. Maybe I should get a newer computer :)

The 'Archive' option in the installer is pretty awesome.

The speed, you ask? Not really noticeable on a 800MHz iMac, but it's a little faster on my 466MHz iBook. Most defiantly not what others were hoping for (60% speedup? Yeah right -- its more like 5-10%), but I don't mind. I though 10.1 was plenty fast.

The reason I think 10.2 was worth the price is because of the little features that Apple added. For example, Command-Shift-4's cross-hairs are new, and the all of Aqua has a flatter, glassier feel.

Jaguar is so cool :)

This is my first Mac, so I have never upgraded the OS. Will it be obvious when I go to install 10.2 what to do for an upgrade? In the manual that came with my friend's here at work it just talks about new installs and reinstalls.

Thanks.

Originally posted by hazmat
This is my first Mac, so I have never upgraded the OS. Will it be obvious when I go to install 10.2 what to do for an upgrade? In the manual that came with my friend's here at work it just talks about new installs and reinstalls.

Thanks.

When you select which hard drive you want to install to, there is a big block of text that explains what it's going to do, and an 'Option' button that lets you choose other install methods. Each one is explained very clearly, and the whole thing works well.

Originally posted by mr_mac_x

When you select which hard drive you want to install to, there is a big block of text that explains what it's going to do, and an 'Option' button that lets you choose other install methods. Each one is explained very clearly, and the whole thing works well.

Cool, thanks. So there's actually an upgrade option? Nice for the manual to mention that. :)

BTW-- If you have a previous X intsall it defaults to "Upgrade".

mr_mac_x-- I can't believe I missed the Eject Menu Extra (kinda pointless with a Pro keyboard though)

Installed!! :D Fast install also. About 10min for CD 1 (OS X) and another 10 for CD 2 (apps) and all the registering i did.

So far so sweet!

Twister
PowerBook 667 - Clean Install

Anyone else have blurry text (regardless of what font smoothing setting you use) with the Powerbook (Ti 500)?

And another bug when you right click just above the dock, the list pops up with a arrow (it doesnt show the full list on popup when it should)

Yay! just got it, its great! I like the "change desktop picture every 5 seconds" feature, it fades in and out! and start up is fast along with classic start up! Mail.app is cool too!

Just got the box in the mail! Installing right now on my iBook. Man this takes a while... but I am excited!

I'm installing it now on my iBook (this is my w2k notebook from work). Holy cow, it takes three hours to install!!!

Vanguard

I got my copy today, I would have received it yesterday, but I missed the FedEx guy. I got next day delievery for free, not to mention ordering Jag at the Government price of $64.50. I love it, my only complaint is that my cd burner is no longer recognized as disk burn capable, and my usb card reader doesn't work. Other than that, it's LOVELY!!

Back