Grammar Check on Appleworks?

funeralsongfan

Registered
Hey Guys!
Just recently i purchased an ibook g4. lately i've been using applework's for term papers. I know it has a spell check. But does appleworks have a grammar check. Like Microsoft works does. Like anything that will change lower case i's to uppercase. I'll be thankful for your replies.
Thanks

AppleWorks does not have a grammar checker. There used to be a third party add on, that was in the days of OS8-9.
Google produced this result:
http://linguisoft.com/

Never used it myself, so I can't personally tell you if it works well.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy MS Office and get this feature for free? Since you are a student, you should be able to get the student version fairly cheaply.

Check with your University. Some colleges are members of the "Microsoft Campus Agreement" which entitles you to a free copy of Office 2004 Mac edition, as well as VPC 7 and a copy of XP Pro.

Has anyone actually got "Office" to work without crashing every ten minutes?

My wife and I both try to use it (Panther) but it's so unreliable.

SatCure, It works quite fine on all my computers. you should go have yours checked out.

And on a side note, Student and Teacher edition is available for $150 USD.

Office should not crash, or at least that often. I assume you have the install CD. Try to trash the whole office programs and reinstall. To a lesser degree, which app is crashing? Word ? You can just trash the plist or just Word.

Back