GraphicConverter alternatives?

Viro

Registered
At the moment, I'm considering buying GraphicConverter. It does what I need it to do, and I thought it would be a good idea to support the developer.

Before I do that though, I'd like to know if there is any program out there similar/comparable to GraphicConverter? I am aware of Seashore and GIMP. Seashore isn't comparable in features, and GIMP is a usability nightmare. Are there any others?

I'm basically shopping around to see if there is anything better than GC and if GC is worth my hard earned $$$.

Did you look through the OS X downloads on Apple's site? There are several freeware / shareware / commercial products available.

fwiw, I didn't find anything comparable to GC. There's ImageMagick, which I've actually used quite a bit and which is easily as powerful, but it requires more time on the command line. The point-and-click interface of GC was worth the money to me.

dude, i have had gc for years, and have never found any app that is an equal. well worth the $35usd they want for it. which reminds me, i should really get around to sending them some money myself...

Viro, hope you continue to enjoy it. GC is a great example of time=money. Once you set up some batches, etc, you'll easily get back the purchase price. For both work pics and family pics, GC has been great over here.

Agreed. I'm writing my thesis using LaTeX, and for most of the part my images need to be in EPS format. Converting all my images from PNG, PDF, JPG, GIF, etc to EPS is a snap with GraphicConverter. I just set up a batch job, and go for lunch while my Mac happily converts hundreds of images to EPS.

Back