Graphics card for G4/PCI (Yikes)

Has anyone Flashed a PC PCI card and installed it in a mac? I've been reading threads on AGP cards, but not PCI cards...

ynotdz9 said:
Has anyone Flashed a PC PCI card and installed it in a mac? I've been reading threads on AGP cards, but not PCI cards...

Yeah, as you can see from my signature, I've successfully flashed a PC version of the card w/ 64 MB of VRAM.

[Link Removed as flashing violates the firmwares license.]

Access to a PC with a PCI slot is required.

Just thought I'd mention that here it is 1 1/2 years later and there's still no 1 Ghz ZIF's that work in our machines (only the beige G3 machine). I've heard it's because of the incompatibility of the Grackle chip on our mobo's and later G4 chips. Bummer.

I know they aren't in production anymore, but if you can get your hands on the original PCI Radeon card for Mac, do so. This card beats the Radeon 7000 hands down at higher resolutions, now don't get me wrong the 7000 is a great card (and the only new option for pci based macs) but it still can't compare to the orginal.

Here is a link to some tests done on both cards, and I have owned both in my old B&W G3 (which my brother now owns), and I was very happy with the performance of the original radeon card.

http://www.insidemacgames.com/reviews/view.php?ID=232

Back