Graphics Nightmare on Leo....

Did you do an upgrade to Leopard, or did you archive and install/format the drive? I've never known straight upgrades to work well.

I believe it was an archive and install... Worked fine for around 6 weeks or so then suddenly the problem started up...and persisted until I removed Leo... I think this had everything to do with the graphics patch I downloaded from the Apple Site......

I get an odd thing still on Tiger whick looks like a page corner that appears every now and then as a dogear is cyen magenta yellow or green but nothing like the problems I illustrated in the screenshots here on tiger!!!

Did you do an upgrade to Leopard, or did you archive and install/format the drive? I've never known straight upgrades to work well.

Viro makes a good point. If you feel like installing Leopard again, install over Tiger using the Leopard install DVD. Once Leopard is installed, re-boot using the same install DVD and perform an Erase and Install. This should de-Tigerize your Mac.

It may seem a pain to repeat the install process, but it solved a lot of problems for me.

Think I have done 2 separate installs to date - one by either method.... If anything the clean install was less problematic.....

Think I have done 2 separate installs to date - one by either method.... If anything the clean install was less problematic.....

Yeah, that's generally been my experience with all operating systems. It doesn't matter if it's Linux, Windows or Mac OS X. I've always found it a lot less painful to do a clean install than trust the updater to do its thing.

Back