?!?!??! Greece bans gaming!!

OMG! GREECE HAS PASSED A NEW LAW THAT WILL BE IMPLEMENTED TOMORROW.

As of tomorrow, 9th September 2002, breathing is not allowing in Greece because the government is confused between breathing and smoking. We recognised that smoking is bad for health, therefore we shall ban breathing altogether.

Anyone caught breathing will be punishable by the death penalty.

Don't ask me how, or why, but I have come up with this theory.

Greece and Canada must be affiliated by some strange way, and the law spanning the two can be thought of as a long balloon. ( :confused: ) You have about equal laws, or even unequal, with the inflation of the balloon being the harshness. So in recent terms, Canada does something outrageously awesome, and begins thinking about legalizing Marijuana. This squeezes the balloon on Canada's side, and creates a whole lot larger side on Greece, who must do something entirely stupid and bullish as to ban games in general, to make up for this.

::blink::

N e ways, I bet 250 bucks that itll end come election time, Ed!

My prediction:

This sort of ridiculous law making usually ends up backfiring. I see the pendulum swinging so far in the opposite direction that greece will become the hot spot for Internet café aficionados and game lover's everywhere. Everyone go and sign the petition while I book my next vacation to Athens for a little Soldier of Fortune action!

BTW Canada, Good luck on the marijuanna laws, they are working out great here in California!

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
-- when I go to greece next time, I will set up a PSX and a TV in Syntagma square and play games in public protest if this is still the case

this law stems from the illegal gambling that goes on in and out of places like netcafes where people have been burned severely with it.

Admiral

Yes, the law does stem from gambling, but even as a tourist I wouldn't be caught dead playing a game on my cell phone. They're imprisoning tourists as well. Quite a few countries have warned their citizens about this. I saw quite a bit of a conference that some US secretary had issued.

Back