Grip your hook that CLICKS

macco

Look above : it's me
As i am new to the forum and I wanted to post a small thing than happen to me (related to my ibook) and I thought that here might be a good place.

I bought my ibook in June last year. In december as i opened it, the hook that does the click when you close the lid, instead of doing click he decided to remain on the lower part of the case and not on the lid anymore. So at this point if I wanted to close the ibook I had to use some adesive band or something :)).

As the ibook was in warranty I called apple and they told me that the hook was not part of the warranty as it was a mechanical issue, even better an estetical one. So i had to pay 120 euro to have a new hook and now I can hear the click again :)))) and we are all HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY again. (of course I am happy without 120 euro.....).

all the best happy browsing and grip your click. :D

That hook should be included in the warranty, as any mechanical parts should be. I'd call Apple again and complain. Go up the ladder to a higher level until you get satisfaction.

This is what warranties are for.

Yeah, Bobw told me to keep trying when my Powerbook had a problem, and it worked.

Keep trying, get your money back.

Really sad that we have to beg, plead, demand, and generally go way out of our ways to get something fixed/repaired/taken care of that should have been done the first time we asked.

Good luck!

Yep, that's absolutely a warranty issue. I fixed b'zillions of them on the old PB 500 series back in the day.

You need to (and can) get your money back on that. If you were here in the states I could point you to a service center or two who would take up the fight for you. Sadly I have zero contacts off-continent. Sorry :(

Apple repair is pretty good. Like I've said before, if you don't get satisfaction, escalate up to a higher level tech. I've never had a problem with Apple's support.

I just sent a 17" Apple Studio Display (CRT) back to them. Bought in 1999. Known defect, (popping) that they fixed last July. They sent me a box, sent it back to them, had it back in 4 days fixed, no charge. The same monitor went again last week. Called support, they sent the box and I shipped back. Just got a call this morning, the part needed is no longer available. They're sending me a new NEC 17" display to replace it for free. No charges, incuding shipping.

Can't beat Apple for support.

Back