gtk themes?

heathpitts

Registered
I have searched for this answer but I simply cannot find out what to do.

I have a few X11 programs that I run on my PB. I installed them via fink. These programs are - Gimp 2, gftp, Scribus, and Bluefish. I would like to change their themes to look more like os x.3. How would I go about doing this? Also, please forgive me if this is one of those things that is staring me in the face. I just cannot find the answer to this question.

First you need a tool to switch themes. If you can run Gnome in an X window, then it has GUI tools to switch themes, and those changes should also affect all GTK[2] apps. However, I believe there are also command line tools that do the same thing. Last resort is do some research on how the gtk config files work, tweak them to use your particular theme.

As far as what theme to use to make it look more like OSX: glossy_P all the way. That theme is by far the best OSX mimic I've ever seen/used. Unfortunately I don't have a Linux + Gnome system anymore (I switched to KDE, made it look like OSX, even posted the pics in this board) so I can't show you how nice can make GTK apps.

See if this download link works:
ftp.gnome.org/teams/art.gnome.org/themes/gtk2/GTK2-Glossy_P.tar.gz

More info and screenshot here:
http://art.gnome.org/themes/gtk2/571/

Back