GTK theming (a call for GTK apps users)

BoneFill

Registered
Hi there...

I was making a theme to make my Ibook (which has Ubuntu instaled) look more "unified" then I had to reinstall MacOS on it but the theme was almost done I just had to figure out how to draw buttons as I wanted at Gtktoolbar... After Googling (a lot) I found a way to do it.

Once I have managed to display GtkToolbar as desired one new problem emerged... you'll see, it seems that many applications are using BonoboUIToolbar to draw toolbars (i guess) or are using something differennt from GtkToolbar to do it and I don't undestand how those apps work with toolbars.

As you can see in the pic, Mahjongg (as many other games) and TWF are drawing tollbars fine but Nautilis and many others (like gedit, GGV, Gimp... 0k forget Gimp it is already a pain in the a** away from toolbars... Image Viewer, etc) are not drawing them as they should... Now after some Googling I came to this BonoboUIToolbar which I don't undestand at all.

Now the question (finally :p) can you confirm this BonoboUIToolbar thing and do you think there's a way to theme it?

Picture-1.jpg

Can you say that Gnome Mahjongg is not a native app? hehe

Oh! one more thing, I think that Tabs are too tall, is there a way to change the height fot tabs?

I will have a beta ready for the weekend if you want to try just drop me a line.

Thnx :D

PS. Don't look the GnomeBar it looks wierd on Mac OS but it looks fine on Ubuntu.

PPS. I have scroll bars ready but I will leave those at the screenshot for a Mac version of the skin so it blens right with Aqua.

Looks interesing not just for PPC Linux users but all GNOME users as well. Nice. :D

Back