GVP Firewire hard drive questions...

d8n_two

Registered
I sort of asked this question in another thread but it got lost and no one really addressed it. I'm curious if anyone has ever used one of these (GVP Storage) drives. Looking at the specs it has the two prominent things people have told me to look for: 7200 RPM & Oxford 911.

I've been very close to buying an 80 GB version twice, but it keeps going out of stock, and I keep deciding to wait. It seems a lot of people are buying them, but I can't find anyone who has used them or any publications that have reviewed it.

Can anyone help me out? Thumbs up or down? Here's a link to the MacMall sales page for the product.

Thanks in advance.

d8n_two

I couldn't see the photo on the MacMall site (slow internet connection today) but I have some advice for you. Get the EZQuest 80 GB drive. I have read reviews and reports from various sources--other designer friends of mine, service bureaus I work with and on the web--that the EZQuest is your best bet. Their speed is 7200 but I am not sure about the 911 spec you mentioned. The drives work great.

Not sure if this helps, but I wanted to give you my two cents.

Back