Ha ha!!

lilbandit

I hate Meath
Anybody recognize the laptop in this advert from the Sunday Independent newspaper (Ireland) from the 4th January '04???

Attachments

• IMG_0980.gif
    IMG_0980.gif
    83.8 KB · Views: 142
I hate it when they do that ... using Macs an then removing the logo's ... grrr :mad:

Protect your PC indeed:
Step 1: Buy a Mac!

It's one thing for them to use a Mac to advertise something for a PC. It's ANOTHER thing when it's an ad from MICROSOFT telling everyone how to protect their computers.

mightyjlr said:
It's one thing for them to use a Mac to advertise something for a PC. It's ANOTHER thing when it's an ad from MICROSOFT telling everyone how to protect their computers.
---protect your computer from viruses by.... buying a mac, where viruses are virtually non-existent. Maybe there's an apple mole working in the micro$oft marketing department?

I used to work for a design agency, and we'd get commissions from mail order catalogues and the like.

Say we were working in an IT feature, we'd get product photography sent in, but sometimes, we'd be working to a deadline and we'd have to make up the photo shoot ourselves.

So, we'd get my mate James sat in front of mac in the studio trying his damnedest to look smart [not easy for him, but he did his best shot and nearly pulled if he put his glasses on, but I digress].

We get the image up on screen, we'd have the client sat there and they would then _specifically_ ask us to drop in a screen shot from a pc and then touch out any reference to Apple .. even though it was totally obvious what computer it was.

The ironic thing is, the catalogue firm would get calls from people wanting the computer from the shot, even though it was some dry IT purchasing rag that only dealt with pc's. So the answer was always no.

I'm just wondering if Apple have any grounds for misrepresentation, here?

You know what irritates me? Its seeing a pc on a show that had Macs, and they don't cover up the logo. I don't know how many shows I have seen where they used to have a Mac TiBook, then they replace them with a Dell. Stop it dude.

Im really not liking Dell as much...almost as bad as Microsoft...you just seem to always see them...ugh...

It's definitely a TiBook. A "Rev. A" to be exact (look at the IrDA window at the back of the notebook). I know those slots and stuff quite well from my ex-TiBook. ;-) But we come across these a lot. Stock photo used, I guess. Or the graphics shop just had Macs to use for the photograph. ;-)

gerbick get your vision checked
def a Tibook--sony has never
produced anything that thin
and the white hinge and dark
keyboard give it away

Back