"Hackintosh"?

CharlieJ

R.I.P bobw
Hello guys.

I'm thinking about building a 'hackintosh' I'd like to run Mac OSX primarily, but run Windows in bootcamp.
What does my PC have to have in order to run OSX, such as, do I have to have a specific graphics card, motherboard e.t.c.

Also: Is doing this illegal?
Even if I have a legit copy of Mac OSX?

Charlie

It is not permitted according to the OS X EULA so I am almost sure we cannot discuss it here.

Cheers fryke, it was just that i had seen the word Hackintosh in someone's (ahem) signature not so long ago. ;)

ScottW only mentioned that he did it, not HOW he did it.

CJ, I'm surprised that you would ask this here after being such a long-time member. You've seen all of us give the same answer to many of those that have just joined and asked the same question. Why now all of a sudden?

Yep, Mac OS X has to be installed on Apple hardware. And I think for Apple's interpretation the creative use of the Apple decals to cover the peecee logo might not magically make the peecee qualify as Apple hardware.

ScottW only mentioned that he did it, not HOW he did it.

CJ, I'm surprised that you would ask this here after being such a long-time member. You've seen all of us give the same answer to many of those that have just joined and asked the same question. Why now all of a sudden?
I suppose you are right :)

I should have thought about it. before asking :D
Sorry, feel free to delete the topic and burn the hard drive where the database is stored!!! :p

Back