Half-Life ever for Mac?

SoniCX

Registered
Hey folks.

Maybe you had that thread already but i couldnt find it. Does Sierra ever plan on creating Half-Life or Counterstrike (Conditon Zero maybe or HL2) for the Mac? People say that Half-Life is the best action game ever and it won tons of awards. But is it just for Windows user? Does somebody know something about HL and Mac?

Thx

Originally posted by SoniCX
Hey folks.

Maybe you had that thread already but i couldnt find it. Does Sierra ever plan on creating Half-Life or Counterstrike (Conditon Zero maybe or HL2) for the Mac? People say that Half-Life is the best action game ever and it won tons of awards. But is it just for Windows user? Does somebody know something about HL and Mac?

Thx

Half-Life for the Mac died in 1999. It will never be ported. It was 90% done and they killed it because they didn't want to pay to keep the two versions in sync for networking. The fulll story is here.

http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/9910/19.halflife.shtml

thank you.

yeah yeah ... everybody always says Windows SUCKS but they still always win. Its kinda unfair.

y do we have mac and windows and linux and and and
y do we have 1000 different languages
y do we have ...

its just dumb

Originally posted by SoniCX
thank you.

yeah yeah ... everybody always says Windows SUCKS but they still always win. Its kinda unfair.

y do we have mac and windows and linux and and and
y do we have 1000 different languages
y do we have ...

its just dumb
yeah i'd have to agree with you on this one.

i mean i wouldnt mind some games not being ported over to the mac but this is half life..which is the basis of counter-strike, which is the most popular online game as of right now.

yes i know. everybody playes it or has. i mean it is really not cool from valve and sierra to cancel the whole Mac HL thing. But oh well ... they are butt heads and dont get my money.

Back