Halo demo on Powerbook

orbj

Registered
I own a powerbook G4 12'', that I bought this summer, basically brand-new (they just updated the powerbook line so that my model isn't the most recent any more). I downloaded the halo demo from a bunch of different sites, including apple.com/downloads and when I boot it up and try clicking on any of the options (except quit) it asks me to make a profile. Up to here, it runs just like any normal version of halo. Then, after I enter a name, and press enter, a little dialogue box pops up and says

"You have reached the maximum number of Halo game files. Unable to create additional ones."

Please help!
Also, a screenshot of the error is attached.
Thanks,
orbj

Attachments

• Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 14
I'm not positive, but this sort of sounds like a permissions problem. Try opening "Disk Utility" and running a permissions fix by selecting your hard drive in the left hand column. Also, for good measure, verify your disk and repair it if it has any errors to speak of. Run the Halo demo again, and see what happens.

Also, what are the hard drive and processor specs on your laptop?

ok now that dialogue box is gone. now it just says "unable to create player profile". this is driving me nuts!

Disk Description: Hitachi HTS541060G9AAT00
Connection Bus: ATA
Connection Type: Internal
Connection ID: Device 0
Total Capacity: 55.9 GB (60,011,642,880 Bytes)
Write Status: Read/Write
S.M.A.R.T. Status: Verified

Processor: 1.5 GHz PowerPC G4
is this a dead end? the most annoying thing about this is people with the same model as me can play it.

thanks,
Jeremy

ok, i did a few more disk permission checks and repairs, and now when I run it, it alternates between the two warnings.

Wow, that's unusual. I'm sure you have all the latest OSX updates... Halo demo updates... etc? I don't want to tell you to do a total system recovery for a game demo.

dammit this is really pissing me off... i believe that my demo and os are completely updated.
thanks
jeremy

Back